January 22, 2010

A hike with Nick - White Pines Nature Preserve

I just found out about this beautiful place that is about ten miles from where I live. The White Pines Nature Preserve is a special piece of land where the Rocky and Deep Rivers converge. The Triangle Land Conservancy managed to protect this place and open it up for hiking and exploring. My friend, Nick Fox, and I spent a Saturday taking photographs in this beautiful place on a cold winters day. I photographed fungi, lichen, Nick climbing grape vines, turkey vultures in the sky, beautiful towering white pines, polka-dotted and patterned ice, and naturally, I photographed my own engagement ring and wedding band (I can't seem to get wedding imagery out of my mind)!

It has been my goal to photograph more nature this year, which is why I got into photography in the first place! You'll see on this blog whether or not I keep on track. For special gifts for your nature loving friend, check out Jessica Lobdell Photography store where you can purchase fine art prints if you'd like. Enjoy the winter serenity....

010910-1

010910-12

010910-25

010910-29

010910-34

010910-41

010910-36

010910-42

010910-51








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photographs, Jessica!
I'm director of communications for Triangle Land Conservancy - would love if you'd be willing to share your photos with us!
I'd also be happy to suggest other beautiful natural areas in the Triangle to visit and photograph.
And if I may pimp for a moment, learn more about TLC's nature preserves at www.TriangleLand.org.
-Doug Nicholas
doug at TriangleLand dot org

Jessica Massey Benton Lobdell said...

Thank you for looking at my blog! I'm glad you like the photos. Please look in your inbox for an email from me!

Anonymous said...

Jessica -- What beautiful photographs of a place I love very much!

You must be Simon's wife who will take photographs at Leanne Bender's wedding. I met Simon when he worked with my husband Dan Wilkinson at O'Brien & Gere. I appreciate Simon's great love of nature, and I look forward to meeting you.

Kate Dixon

Jessica Massey Benton Lobdell said...

Kate,

Thank you so much for looking at my photos. I'm glad you like them! Simon told me about you I think. Do you work with the Mountain To Sea Trail folks? Simon and I both love nature very much, we wouldn't have met if it weren't for the AT! I am going to take pictures at Leigh-Ann and Harrison's wedding. It is going to be wonderful!

Jessica