February 04, 2008

Bargain Box



In my commercial class, we were assigned to work with a graphic artist from the design department here in school to create a campaign. My artist decided to work on advertising for the upscale second hand store Bargain Box run by the Junior League of Greensboro. This was an exterior shot that my artist wanted. She wanted a different angle on the building, so I stood on top of a news stand to get height. My teacher James showed me how to use Photoshop to make the lines on the building straight since I didn't use a large format camera. He also showed me how to add contrast and color balance the photo to make it more appealing. There was no direct sunlight hitting the building when I photographed it.

Capture: Canon EOS 20D, 1/60s at f4, ISO 100, 17-85mm lens, Adobe Photoshop CS2

1 comment:

Paige said...

This looks great. I would never have guessed that there was no sun. You did well with this, I love that it was taken higher up than from the ground.