May 19, 2010

A Morning at Fearrington with local art, local business, and the NC Governor!

I was asked to photograph the Chatham County Economic Development annual breakfast at Fearrington this past Friday. The Chatham County EDC has been hiring me over the past two years to photograph local industries, business headshots, and other images that they use to promote economic development in Chatham County. I haven't posted much of my commercial work here in the past, but this breakfast was such a lovely event that I had to post it.

The morning starting with networking and art gazing at the beautiful barn in Fearrington. There were really exceptional pieces of local art compiled by Leslie Landis of Chatham Arts set up in the courtyard and inside of the barn. As breakfast was served, Governor Bev Perdue arrived causing a lot of smiles and handshakes as local business members and artist tried to get a chance to greet the Governor. Several speaker stood at talked about economic development in our county and state. After the Governor spoke, Dianne Reid of the Chatham County EDC, presented the Governor with a photograph that I had taken of the Pittsboro courthouse before it had burned down. I was very proud when she said that she would hang my framed print in the NC Capitol! I ended my pictures posted below with the team at the Chatham County EDC who worked hard to put on this breakfast and who work hard to promote Chatham County day to day.

Overall the breakfast was lovely, and I was happy to be a part of the proud and hardworking business-people present at this breakfast!












No comments: