October 14, 2009

Shakori Hills!

Shakori Hills Grassroots Festival of Music and Dance (and fire-hooping) is always something to look forward to here in Chatham County. This past weekend, I got a chance to attend and capture images of what was happening. There are photos here from the bands Dub Addis, and of course Howie DeWitt! I'm not sure what band the fiddle player was from, anyone out there know? Also the amazing Julia Hartsell of HoopDrum wowed everyone with her fire hooping.

Howie Dewitt rocked it out on the Grove Stage and had the eclectic crowd (see the chicken) begging for more even at 1:30 in the morning. You may remember them from when I photographed them back in February. I'll be seeing them again at a wedding in Chapel Hill that I am photographing next week. I can't wait!
















No comments: