November 06, 2007

Brooklyn (my new neighborhood)











Currently I am on internship up in the great NYC. Of course I can't afford to live in Manhattan where I work, so I live in Brooklyn. My neighborhood is called Bed-Sty by the locals. It seems to be a very community oriented place. On warm days everyone is out on the street spending time with their neighbors. There are community gardens, walls covered in graffiti, coffee shops, corner grocery stores, parks, schools, and churches in my neighborhood. It is very different from my North Carolina home, but I am enjoying my stay. The lower picture is of my house. I live in the room to the left of Elizabeth (who is sitting in the doorway). I live with about 50 internationals students, or so it seems. The rest of the pictures show typical scenes of my neighborhood.

Capture: Sony Cybershot (the point and shoot wonder)

8 comments:

mattbell said...

looks amazing. i'd love it there.

Christy Bullins said...

Yay! I am so excited to see you finally updated your blog!! I have been looking for a long time now. How is internship going? I want to hear all about it, and give me your address, I have a postcard to mail you! Let me hear from you, miss you!

Stephanie said...

That looks soooo cool! I love the shot of the neighborhood and of your house (nice angle on that one by the way)! Maybe I'll get to stay there next semester! I hope you're still enjoying your time there and your internship!

Paige Panic in New York City said...

i'm glad you're having a good time! brooklyn is my old home, it's nice to see some good pictures of it

Lucy said...

Jessica! I'm so glad you posted pictures of the area you are living in NY! How's your internship going? Learning new amazing things about food photography that you are going to bring back to me? :) Have fun!

Carolyn de Berry Photography said...

Yay, Jessica! I tried to email you last week, but it was returned so I'm very glad to see your post! Nice Brooklyn scenes. Hope you are well and loving it. Can't wait to hear all about it when you come back.

Anonymous said...

I love how you sought out little flowers in the concrete jungle. I miss you!

Dave said...

Hey! Your neighborhood looks awesome! Way to get the balance between nature and the city! Hope your internship is going well